Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My battery icon says "91% plugged in" it does not say "charging", and it is not charging.

I tried a different outlet and it dropped from 92% to 91%, So I feel like if I let it get to 0% it will not boot up, I don't know.

There is no battery compartment for this laptop, I assume I have to take it apart to get at it. 

I have already searched solutions and I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver for "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" , This made no change.

I have run the battery and adapter test and they both passed.

Thank you,

Tom

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@k2bew 

It helps us better if you also post the full product number of your laptop.

The product number is located in the HP Support Assistant.
Or you can press the CTRL/Alt/S keys to get the info menu.

That series came out a little over 2 years ago. If the battery is not charging, the battery may very well be bad even though the tests show its ok. It would have to be replaced.

Tell me your PN: and I can look up what the battery is.

If you are still under warranty, you can always contact HP and have them fix it.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.