04-05-2020 02:35 AM
- I have a laptop with model hp 15g206ax
- It has amd a8 Apu with Radeon hd 8500m Gpu 2gb but when I play games with it only the integrated Gpu is used . I am not able to use my dedicated Gpu.
- When I go to amd catalyst control center set everything to high performance I was unable to use my dedicated Gpu.
If anyone knows the solution Please help me.
04-09-2020 06:50 PM
@Saurabhch Did you know that the graphics cards are system managed and cannot be switched manually? That's a rhetorical question, don't answer that! 😉
That said, here's all you need to know about switchable graphics: Click here
(A few changes could be made but disabling one and activating the other is system managed).
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
05-28-2020 01:01 AM
it didn't worked
i have tried everything like
updating my drivers
switching the graphics from amd switchable graphics
and one thing when i check my spec it is showing that it has amd 8570m graphic card when i saw in display adapters it is showing that amd radeon hd 8500m.
06-02-2020 03:40 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed.
While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time.
Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/
The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system.
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04758961#AbT3to perform System Recovery (Windows 10)
- Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06162205 to Use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10)
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee