Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec0042AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My game lags when the laptop is not connected to an adopter. but when I plugin an adopter game runs smoothly. Please help me out 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@vikas_gowda97 You may want to select high performance instead of battery saver on the power options to ensure the device doesn't lag when on battery, although, if you are playing high performance games, there's bound to be a slight change in performance on battery when compared to being connected to the wall outlet.

Here's how to enable the High performance power plan:

• Open Control panel and go to Power Options.
  • Then choose the High Performance plan:

Power_Plan_copy.png

In case your build of Windows 10 does not include the option to select a high performance plan, click on the battery indicator and move the slider to "Best performance":

image.png

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.