Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 17-an188nr Gaming Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Problem:

My gaming laptop's battery has lost all retention and will immediately die after launching. It now says the CMOS checksum is invalid. I would not like to buy another laptop because my old one's motherboard dies. So I would like to replace the battery.

Rant (Less necessary):

However, the parts store says my laptop doesn't exist, unless you type in the product number, but even then it does not show a battery. It would not let me contact a person or a chat bot to ask about where to purchase this battery or if it's discontinued. So I suppose that leaves me with the support community. I don't know how or if any of you would know where to buy this battery or if it's discontinued, but I have no choice but to ask here because I my warranty expired and there is no way for me to talk to someone. I am 100% willing to purchase a new battery and install it myself, so I don't care about the warranty, I just literally cannot find where to buy it.

Tl;dr

My HP OMEN 17-an188nr's battery died, where can I buy a replacement; is this battery discontinued?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Declandeclan

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

After reading your post, I did go through the Product specifications of your product and found that you have 8-cell, 86 Wh Li-ion installed on the PC.
Here is the battery part number: 922976-855 and you can purchase one from Amazon site by just entering the part number in the google search bar. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.