Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 7265NGW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The laptop is suddenly shut down while I'm using it on battery before the battery finished. 

Also, I noticed that the battery is not charging fully to 100%, some times it reaches 82% or 70% and other times reaches 92% and stops charging.!

Also, the light of the charging input becomes white "means fully charged" while it's not.

Lastly, the laptop suddenly shuts down when using the battery, however, the battery charge didn't finish.

I did the battery test and the battery looks good.

Could anybody help, please.

Note:

I faced the problem of plugged in not charging issue last year and got it solved by updating the BIOS.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KhaledMohaisen 

I don't understand why you posted the wireless card model number. We need the Product Number of the Omen itself.

Run the HP Support Assistant to find the HP Product Number or P/N:

Usually the symptoms you described means the battery is old and needs replaced.

HP Recommended

The product number is : 1GM07EA#A2N

I checked the battery throw battery check and it's in good condition, but it suddenly shuts down when it reaches about 35% without any warning.

Appreciate your help

HP Recommended

OK good and thank you for posting what I asked for. That helps explain things.

That system came out in three and a half years ago. Thus the battery is at the end of its life cycle, even though the battery check is not picking up on it. The battery check can only pick up certain errors unfortunately.

Eventually if left alone, that battery will swell up and distort the Laptop case on the bottom side of the keyboard area.

You would do well to replace it, or at least remove the battery and use just the power cord.

HP does not resell batteries unfortunately. You would have to find one from a third party seller online.

Here is your manual showing how to access the battery. Pages 33-36.

4 cell polymer battery - 63.3 Whr (4175 mAh)  part # 905277-855

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

NOTE: Once you remove the screws... There are three internal clips by the battery area. Carefully disengage those clips as you are removing the base enclosure.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.