Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop constantly overheated until I found a fix. I hope others will find this

Omen Model 15-dc0010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop constantly overheated to the point where I couldn't touch it, the audio became distorted, and my game started to lag. It would happen in 15-30 minutes witch to me is unacceptable, so I added a cooling pad, and two exhausts. Even at that it still got really hot. I recently put 32 gb of ram in, and replaced the thermal paste. When I replaced the ram I found a black plastic cover over the ram. I removed the covering and added the ram (I didn't put the cover back on). It turns out the covering ruins a ton of potential air flow, but I would recommend putting a dust filter over the bottom, because it will fill with dust quickly. After that I replaced the thermal paste, and found out that way too much was applied, and the heat sink wasn't tightened very well ruining the thermal transfer (hp should have done a better job at applying the paste). After I did all that my laptop hasn't overheated since, and the cooling pad is now used to elevate my computer to allow for better airflow. All you really need to do is remove the plastic cover, from my research it is filly aesthetic.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 2
16 13 0 4
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My laptop constantly overheated until I found a fix. I hope others will find this

Hi, i have the same problem with my omen but i also have a problem with charger overheating!!!! I think it is the main problem of these laptops as everything else is great even the price!!

I will try to replace the paste.

Which paste do you recomend?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
5 4 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The thermal paste didn't affect much, it was mostly the plastic cover that I removed, but the paste was the arctic 5. The power brick gets toasty, but it doesn't overheat.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation