Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp OMEN 15 dh-0137tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop instantly heats up from 45 C to 80 - 90 C as soon as I connect the charger and goes back to normal when i remove the charger. My laptop is only 3 months old so it should not be happening

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Anmol76

Welcome to HP support community.

Change power plans to power saving mode to fix this issue

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Search for power, and then click Power Options.

Opening the Power Options in Windows

3. Select an option under Choose or customize a power plan.

Selecting a power plan

4. To customize the selected plan, click Change plan settings, and then select the display and sleep settings when using the battery and when plugged in.

NOTE: 

To set up a personalized plan, click Create a power plan from list on the left side of the main Power Options window, and then follow the on-screen instructions. The plan displays in the list of available power plans.

5. To change more power settings, click Change advanced power settings.

Change advanced power settings for more options

6. Click the plus sign next to the component or function, change the available settings, click Apply, and then click OK.

Changing the Advanced settings

7. Click Save changes.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.