Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 250 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop started making a buzzing noise 2 weeks ago. I was able to stop it by moving the screen but now it just gets worse. I don't know where the sound is coming from or why it started happening.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

From what it sounds to me, it's probably the cooling fan inside the laptop touching a cable inside or something, probably the one connecting the display to the motherboard. Probably the wisest idea would be to take the laptop to a repair shop and tell them to clean it. Although before doing that there may be something to try first at home so that the fans don't even activate in the first place, search control panel in the, open the control panel, search for power options, click on it, and click on change plan settings, and then click on change advanced power settings, then look for processor power management and change the On Battery and Plugged in percentages to 90% instead of 100%. This will make the processor not use its full power, therefore it'll be a few degrees colder, therefore eliminating the need for the fans to run. I'll attach a screenshot of how the menu looks down below, hope this helps and saves you the trip to the repair shop. 

Dimchez_0-1635189742371.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.