Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0003nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, on short the laptop isnt charging while functioning, currently while i write this it doesnt charge and its working on its battery. Ive tried what google/youtube told me , to delete the batterie/ac drivers from device manager . power off my laptop and then unplug the battery and plug it back and turn my laptop on after and surprise, it didnt work.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @VasileA 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing charging-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

• May I know from when are you facing this issue?
  • Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?
  • May I know if your system is charging when not in use or in sleep mode?

I would suggest you update all the drivers and check their functionality. Here is a link that will help: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers 

Please perform below-shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Click on the Start Button

Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager

Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left

Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall

Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again

Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook

Step 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter

Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute

Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter

Step 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon

After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps:

1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]

Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace

2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site

3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook 

Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board

How to improve the life of a Battery:

1. It is not advisable to use the Notebook when the Power Adapter is connected

2. It is not advisable to keep the Power Adapter plugged in even after the Battery is fully charged

3. You need to let the battery drain completely before charging again

4. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life

5. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level

6. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use

7. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in use

Testing and Calibrating the Battery ( Windows )

Battery and Adapter Issues 

HP Computer & Laptop Diagnostic Tools 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

So, I've done what you said and it didnt work. When i did the battery check in the HP app, it was everything normal but it said that the ac adaptar wasnt connected even though it was and i should've mentioned this point because it's not the first time i did a battery checking and the result was the same, there was even a time when i wanted to check something but i couldn't because it said that my ac adapter wasn't connected.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.