Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 15-dc1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have Omen 15 2020 with 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz

2x 8GB SK Hynix 2667MHz

Bios F.16

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

144 hz

When i run my laptop it get heat up to 60 c normal usage (Google chrome and simple apps like email, Ms office). While gaming, CPU temp jump to 88 C and it reach 93C sometimes. When it hit 90 it become so laggy and there are a lot of frame drops that i can't even play. I usually use default settings. I never use the performance mood.

GPU temp reach 70  while gaming

I tried to clean my vents using blow off duster and clean the vents and i use cooling pad with 5 fans. I cant set my fan speed unfortunately from omen command center. I have this laptop 4 months ago.

What should i do to drop my temp {without voiding my warranty}

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Alhaddad 

That is normal for all Omen notebooks when running games (over 90°C). They use 150W or over that means they can hot like a classic 100W/150W globe/bulb/light. Machines will shut themselves down when too hot.

Our members recommend to use some sorts of cooling pad.

https://www.gearhungry.com/best-laptop-cooling-pad/

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/best-laptop-cooling-pad

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

But is there anyway I can control cpu fan speed. When i set it to performance mood I can hear the fans spinning like its an airplane going to fly. I need this max speed.

My problem is when cpu temp go 90+ i get terrible frame drops

All drivers are up to date

HP Recommended

Literally every other day there is a similar thread about the new omen laptops

Mods...maybe make a sticky?

Search for threads on cpu repaste and using software called throttlestop to limit power to cpu. 

The default short term power to our cpus is very high, unnecessarily so and the stock thermal paste between the cpu and heatsink can be improved.

HP Recommended

Actually, My friend has an older version with same specs. He play on it at max 67C when I am running at 85+ C. That made me worried a little bit. He also can control fan speed and i cant do anything 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.