Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP omen w202no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had this problem for a long time now even after reinstalling my pc. On all headsets I have my PC won't recognize it in my program Steelseries engine 3 and in games, unless i plug in and plug it out, and yeah I've reinstalled that program and gotten a new cable and all that. This problem goes for when i tried 2 different monitors and it was the same problem on both of the monitors. both screens turn black until I plug out and plug in the monitors. Please somebody help me with this since I can't use any headsets with settings and stuff I can only use the sound and yeah these problems are only for monitors and headsets not for my keyboards or mouses and yeah I've tried changing USB port and change headset and I don't have this problem on my other pc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WilliamTG

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@WilliamTG

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's uninstall Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver from device manager:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
  3. Right-click the sound device and select Uninstall.
  4. Next, install the Audio driver from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-17-w200-laptop-pc-series/13823...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its fine but thanks anyways. I fixed it by reinstalling my operating system and then the monitor worked and im using the usb ports on the monitor instead of my pc and usb hub and now the headset works fine

HP Recommended

@WilliamTG

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.