Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck1000 (509V8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am surprised to see that this expensive laptop does not come with a battery charging limit option which limits the maximum limit to which a plugged in laptop can charge (usually 80 percent).

I am talking about the option that ALL LAPTOPS have , HP has it too on other laptop which goes by the name "BatteryCare".

How am I going to stop the battery from degrading if I keep it plugged in all the time (100% all the time ) ????

This was one basic feature I expected from HP.

PLEASE NOTE I CHECKED THE "ADAPTIVE BATTERY LIFE" option in the bios , and IT DOES NOT STOP the laptop from being fully charged up to 100 percent !

PLEASE GET YOUR ENGINEERS TO post an update for the BIOS with this feature

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@FullStackDev,

Just spit balling here, but have you tried to update your BIOS to the latest version from HP's support web: HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) (Windows) | HP® Customer Su...?

Perchance there's an update available which sports the awesome BatteryCare function you want as seen here:

NonSequitur777_0-1652922755850.png

(Courtesy of Photoray002)

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Yes, I have the latest available bios version F.05 Rev.A installed on my Omen 17 ck1020nr as of 17th may 2022

There is no Battery care function 

HP Recommended

@FullStackDev,

Unfortunately, the "Battery Device Care" is a long-standing, as yet unresolved issue: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Add-quot-Battery-Care-Function......

Perhaps @praveen196 (an HP Support Agent) has an update on this issue?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

after running the windows tool "HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows 1.8.1.0"

it show  Primary_ChargeControl: NotSupported  ,

SO basically HP didn't put it in their top of the line gaming laptop HP Omen 17 ck1020nr...

Logs:

BatteryCheckResult: 11 DevicesSupported: 1 DeviceCount: 1 Primary_ACPowerOn: False Primary_ACAdapterOK: True Primary_ACAdapterStatus: False Primary_TestResult: OK NO AC Primary_DesignCapacity: 83 WHr Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 82 WHr Primary_RemainingCapacity: 23 WHr Primary_MaxError: 1 Primary_CycleCount: 23 Primary_Temperature: 33 deg C Primary_Voltage: 10789 mV Primary_Current: 62448 mA Primary_DesignVoltage: 11580 mV Primary_Status: 192 Primary_SerialNumber: 01756 07/29/2021 Primary_ManufacturerName: 333-AC-12-A Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6KYXD0A81FGGIG Primary_Warranty: 3 Primary_CalibrationType: 3 Primary_ChargeControl: NotSupported Primary_TempCharge: True Primary_ChargeTest: False Primary_ChargeCapacity: 99 Primary_TempAlarm: False Primary_DeepDischarge: False Primary_FullCharge: False Primary_FullChargeStatus: False Primary_BatteryCharge: True Primary_DesignCycleCount: 1000

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.