Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15t-dh000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I don't need a dock that controls power, but that would be awesome, if possible.

My current setup:

• TRENDnet TK-240DP: KVM switch with all DisplayPorts, works great with HP work laptop and HP dock.
  • Trying to find a fully functional dock for my Omen laptop for the second switch.

I just need a dock that allows my two monitors to work with the laptop lid closed, an Ethernet cable plugged in, plus a USB mouse and keyboard. So far, I have tried the following docks with these results:

• WavLink DisplayLink 5k
    • Everything worked except when my laptop needed to reboot or was in Sleep mode and then was woken up. That's when the USB Refresh failed, so the mouse and keyboard wouldn't work again until I unplugged everything from my KVM switch, waited 30 seconds and plugged everything back in. With that happening it basically makes the dock useless.
  • HP Thunderbolt Dock 120W G2 (Model: HSN-IX01)
    • USB and Ethernet worked, but laptop didn't recognize the two monitors.
  • HP USB-C Dock G5 (Model: HSN-IX02) ---By the way, told by HP Support to get this
    • Again, USB and Ethernet worked, but laptop didn't recognize the two monitors.

Has anybody had any success with a docking station that supports DisplayPort-connectivity with an HP Omen 15t?!

It has a single USB-C/Thunderbolt 3 port with Thunderbolt Control Center installed. (fyi I did approve the connection of the G2)

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Immortal29 

Please check the following list (look at their tables for monitors):

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Otherwise you have to look at third party products.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This doesn't answer my question at all as that spec sheet essentially lies throughout. I've already listed two docks that are on the spec sheet that DO NOT work, but should according to the spec sheet.

So, I would appreciate it if someone who actually knows for a fact that a dock works, would reply with the model number for that dock.

HP Recommended

HP was unable to answer my question and I have not found an HP Dock that actually fully functions with their own HP Omen laptop. I was successful in finding one that works though after ordering 6 different docks and returning 5 of them.

For everybody else who owns an HP Omen and would like a working dock, I have found this one works:

• QGeeM DisplayLink 4k Plug and Display
  • PN: D6901

The limitations are that you only get 4k at 60Hz  per monitor, but at least the USB ports work and both monitors work. This is not a good solution for heavy gamers looking to play at 120Hz.

HP Recommended

@myindigocard wrote: 

HP was unable to answer my question and I have not found an HP Dock that actually fully functions with their own HP Omen laptop. I was successful in finding one that works though after ordering 6 different docks and returning 5 of them.

For everybody else who owns an HP Omen and would like a working dock, I have found this one works:

The limitations are that you only get 4k at 60Hz  per monitor, but at least the USB ports work and both monitors work. This is not a good solution for heavy gamers looking to play at 120Hz.

I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read. I learn new information from your article , you are doing a great job. Keep it up

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.