Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx 4py21ua#aba
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx 4py21ua#aba and need to find what size/style of keys I need for replacement. I am not sure of the exact size and any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. Has the backlit green keys. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BSimon13 , welcome to the forum.

HP doesn't provide replacement keys for their laptops.  You would have to buy the complete keyboard.  However, you should be able to get them from a third-party seller: https://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/hp-15-cx0056wm-keyboard-key-replacement/

I don't know anything about this seller.  So, I recommend that you do some research before ordering from them.  I am certain there are other options, as well.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you very much but I am not sure what hinge type I would be looking for, do you have any idea? I will try to research later today. Thanks again for your help!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @BSimon13!

@BSimon13 wrote:

Thank you very much but I am not sure what hinge type I would be looking for, do you have any idea? I will try to research later today. Thanks again for your help!

No, I am sorry, but I don't know which hinge it has.  I suggest pulling one of the keys to see.  Here is a video to help you remove the caps:

HP Recommended

Thanks again, I have the hinge here but not sure which one it is. Also, the link you provided will not work as they are purple keys, not green. But thanks again.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @BSimon13!

The only information that I had didn't mention the color of the keys.  Thank you for that information.  You should be able to find the keys somewhere on the Internet.

Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.