Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-dc0009nf

Omen ruined my gaming life experience. I only do 2 things in my life, studying and playing. I'll tell you how Microsoft have erased one of my only pleasure and why you should take a look at others brands.

1 year ago, I decided, and from my present point of view I can even say I decided stupidly to buy an omen product. (https://support.hp.com/be-fr/document/c06100713)

I'm a student who's struggling financially, but thanks to some helpers and  some littles jobs I managed to buy a laptop computer. I needed one for studying, university and gaming. Omen seemed to me a good choice, it was thin, lightweight, got a SDD and pretty good specs in general.

But quickly, I started having several problems with this computer. Overheating issue mainly. I tried to discuss with the aftersales services. They first started trying to convince me that my problems were normal. (no overheating and thermalthrottling isn't normal.)

After some discuss, they agreed to take my laptop to fix my problem. I don't know what they had done, it worked but in return, my performances were terrible. I complained one time again, they took it, they changed the thermal paste and I don't know what else supposed to be damaged. When the laptop returned to me, the screen was broken. They took it again to repair it...

I spent part of summer 2019 without a computer. So that in the end, my laptop was still overheating.

Whatever, in september/october my warranty period was over. I only had got 1 year even if the EU laws says that 2 years are the minimum. When I complained that I only had one year instead of 2, they asked me for proof of invoice. That I don't have after all this time. Although my device is properly registered on "HP Support assistant" with the right date of purchase, but I suppose they don't care.

Afterwards, I don't think it's really a problem. In the sense that the guarantee does nothing for me. My laptop is still overheating after all these repairs. So the problem comes from the architecture of this computer. 

I went to a store to change my thermal paste last week and clean the computer completely, but nothing helps.

So here's the situation :

Now I'm afraid of playing. My experience is terrible, my keyboard becomes very hot in game and it's very unpleasant, I feel like burning my fingertips sometimes, due to thermalthrolling I've got many fps drops. And especially, I can't afford an other laptop before my graduation (4 years still to do), in other words I have to spend 4 years with this laptop, I'm afraid of burning it or reducing his life expectancy, if it happens I will be devastated as it's my tool for the uni so I'm avoiding playing games. (weird for a gaming laptop).

I'll show you below a pic that shows how my CPU is while playing anno 1800.

Everything is up-to-date of course, with an undervolt at -0.130V and thermal design power decreased from 45w to 35w.

With all that, my processor still manages to heat around 97 - 100 ° (I could boil water lol)

The straight orange line indicates the thermal throttling. So my laptop was constantly thermalthrottling.

I don't know what to do more, do you have any suggestion to give?

my garbage pc.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@15cd0009nf I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As expected, nothing happened and no one came to help me in my issue. Half of my holidays are gone, and I still can't play a **bleep** because of this  1300€+ laptop. You're disappointing me more and more. You ruined me in every sense of the word.

HP Recommended

@15cd0009nf

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Shut down the computer, and then inspect and clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Dust can accumulate inside the vent openings and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

• After you remove the dust, turn on the computer. If the error message persists, continue with these steps.
  • Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again, even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service.

For more information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

• In some cases, updating the BIOS might help prevent this error from occurring. For more information on how to update the BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Which error message are you talking about ? Have you even rode my topic ?

This company is a **bleep**ing joke, I can't believe it.

You take the trouble to answer me without understanding/reading me.

Your laptopt is bad designed and sold for a high price, this is the only answer that works. You took it 3 times to repair it, it never came functional.

HP Recommended

@15cd0009nf

Thank you for posting back. 

In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.