Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17.3 inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-ck0000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

This laptop was delivered in February so, it is basically new.  I did all the Windows 11 updates and had to reset the BIOS to get the function keys to work properly.  I was running McAfee AntiVirus.

A family member was playing video games, Steam I think, when during play it turned off with no warning.  No warnings, just black screened.  The laptop was not "hot" and it was plugged into its power supply (330W).

Thinking it was simply out of power since it would not boot and none of the LEDs were on, I initially thought it needed to be recharged because the power supply wasn't functioning correctly because it was maybe partially disconnected. 

After leaving it plugged in and off overnight, there was no change and I was not able to boot it.  I tried the other Omen laptop power supply and got the same results so, at this point have no reason to think the 330W factory power supply is bad.  I followed the 15-second rule on the power button with no success as well and see no attempts at starting or any LED activity.

The LED beside the power plug hole on the laptop is not lit at this point so, I am assuming that is the problem and is consistent with what I see.  I am willing to try another power supply but, it seems like the power plug/system on the laptop itself is faulty.

TIA,

Sid

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@sidpost,

HP should repair or replace any defects to your OMEN 17.3 Inch Gaming Laptop PC 17-Ck0000 during the warranty period. 

My opinion is that rather than monkeying around with an under-warranty HP device, invoke the warranty clause.

There are two main options available to you.  This is what I would do:

File an HP Warranty Claim Over the Phone.

You can request a service for your malfunctioning laptop by calling the HP warranty 1-800 phone number at [google: "HP warranty number".]

When you reach a customer service representative, explain your issue and ask for a repair option. Before you call HP, have your device’s serial number ready.

Another way to contact HP’s customer support and file a warranty claim is via the company’s online contact form.

Here is how to do that:

A. Open HP’s Contact Page: https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/contact.html.
B. Tap Go under Contact Support.
C. Select the Virtual Agent option.
D. Choose Warranty or Repairs.
E. Select the topic you need help with.
F. Provide the details about your issue and select the warranty service option.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Warranty claim filed and so far things have gone well.  Waiting on a return box to send it off for repair at the moment.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.