Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dh0007ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I bought a new laptop HP Omen15-dh0007ng Product number (7dr88ea#abd). I run the Battery report from the CMD and generated it as HTML report. I found the below and I have some notes which I need your support with

Battery capacity history

Charge capacity history of the system's batteries

PERIOD FULL CHARGE CAPACITY               DESIGN CAPACITY

2019-12-05          60,390 mWh       69,000 mWh

2019-12-06          62,917 mWh       69,000 mWh

2019-12-07          61,455 mWh       69,000 mWh

2019-12-08          56,610 mWh       69,000 mWh

2019-12-09          57,346 mWh       69,000 mWh

1- How come the battery full charge in the first run (5-Dec) to be as above ?! by dividing 60,390/69,000 = 87.52% 😲

2- Full charge capacity kept on changing up once up then down but it's reduced to 57,346/69,000 = 83.11% only in few days 😱

Is this normal ? or what should I do ?

Thanks in advance and appreciate your support urgently please.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Stingahmed The test you've performed may not show accurate results, we at HP suggest using the diagnostics tool design for HP products, and here's what you need to do, to ensure this isn't something we need to worry about:

The maximum capacity of a battery changes over time. Because of this change in battery capacity, the charge level indicator in Windows might not show 100% charged. To know the condition of your battery, use the steps in this document to test your battery and calibrate it if necessary. Calibrating the battery resets the battery gauge to accurately display the charge level in Windows. In this document, two methods of testing and calibrating the battery are explained. Also, a manual method for calibrating the battery is presented.

NOTE: 

If you notice your notebook battery is swollen or deformed, go to Swelling or Deformation of Notebook Battery for more information.

Depending on which version of Windows or Diagnostics you are using, the information and graphics in this document might vary slightly.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.