Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop - 17t-cd100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently received my new pavilion the other day. (Ordered it during black friday and it arrived dec 31st) I set it up properly and left it plugged in over night (I rarely remove laptops from their chargers, not good I know.) So it shouldn't be that it's still in shipping mode. Today it turned off, I assumed it went into sleep mode since I didn't touch it for a bit and when I went to turn it back on it didn't turn on. Nothing happens expect the power button blinking. The keyboard doesn't turn on and the charging light shows that it is charging. 

I can't tell if when I push the power button if the laptop turns on or not since it's very quiet when it is on and my hearing isn't good enough to hear it.

I've tried holding down the power button for 30 seconds and that didn't help any.

I've tried unplugging it and turning it on and only got the same result; nothing happening and the power button blinking.

I've tried looking at other people's questions/answers but theirs is based around the charging light. My charging light is working fine and is showing me if it's charging or not.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Moonpaw48,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@Moonpaw48, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the notebook not powering ON. We understand it's a new notebook lets try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Perform the below steps to resolve this issue: 

Symptoms: Battery power LED blinks, and Caps Lock/Num Lock off 

Possible failure: AC adapter not connected or failure / Battery low charge or failure 

If the battery power LED and the LEDs near the Num Lock and Caps Lock keys do not glow when the computer is disconnected from the AC adapter, then the battery has a very low charge or is not charged at all. Try the following two procedures for diagnosing the power issue: 

Charge the battery: 

Use the following steps to charge the battery. 

1. Connect the AC power adapter, and verify that the battery power LED glows. 

2. Allow the battery to charge for 15 - 30 minutes. 

3. CMOS reset 

4. Attempt to start the computer

For more details: Click here 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Battery was on full charge when it shut down and started doing this. It charges just fine. 
recently noticed that when it tries to turn on it can be heard start turning on internally before quickly and suddenly stoppng after about a second. 

HP Recommended

@Moonpaw48,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

We're gonna send it back in for it to be figured out as it cant be turned on at all to attempt a remote connection (screen stays pure blank just like it's turned off) Thank you for your help though

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.