Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 17-cb0006nu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well I bit the bullet and installed 2 sticks of 16gb Kingston RAM memory(2667mhz, 1.2v) in the place of my old 2x8 gb memory sticks which have the same voltage and frequency. After booting the laptop it says it only reads one of the memory slots and now I basically have a single channel 16gb memory. 

Also I installed another ssd NVMe M.2 Crucial and the system does not want to detect it.

Is there a way to fix these issues or do I go and put my old ram back and remove the new ssd?

Thanks in advance!

Krasi

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@nympo 

Its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06457908

>>>> now I basically have a single channel 16gb memory. 

Does it still run with 2 old 8GB stick ?

>>>> I installed another ssd NVMe M.2 Crucial and the system does not want to detect it.

It has 512GB M.2 SSD and 1TB HDD now, where do you put the second M.2 SSD ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Well, I resolved both issues myself. Apparently I hadn't stuck the second ram stick all the way in before closing the lid so I had to open it one more time. Luckily no screws were lost and no scratches were made. Everything went smoothly. As for the new ssd I just had to make a new partition, because...Who knew when you insert new ssd you had to first find it and format it XD

Thanks for the speedy reply, anyway! Glad to know support is blazing fast when we the customers are in a pinch.

Have a nice day 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.