Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
15-dc0010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

According to the HP listing of the 15-dc0010nr laptop on Amazon: 

"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated). 15.6-inch diagonal FHD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080) with 144Hz refresh rate."

Reading another post on this forum, the person was informed that (with that particular Omen laptop) that the 144hz was only out of the device, not the screen attached. I do know that there are some Omen laptops that have only the 60hz

Two "issues":

Does this one have it? If not, why not? 🙂 Let me rephrase that, based on the listing it says 144hz indicating explicitly that it is the one attached to the laptop itself. 

The other issues is that even if I use a display port cable and update all the drivers, neither the attached monitor or the laptop show that. I concede that monitor may not support it, despite using a displayport cable, but the laptop? (on a different and potentially related note...the laptop isnt using the 1050ti graphics. It's using Intel graphics. Is that by design??) 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@daveaphoto 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06084805

which says it has   15.6" diagonal FHD IPS BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)

The specs of my machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06095817

which says it has   15.6" diagonal FHD 144 Hz IPS anti-glare micro-edge WLED-backlit (1920 x 1080)

1. Your machine does not have 144 Hz screen,
  2. 144 Hz is for laptop/notebook screen only. For external monitor/screen the number is NOT the same, depending on output port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Dave

Banhien is correct about that model number and the display panel.

Is this the Amazon ad that you read, for the refurbished model?

https://www.amazon.com/HP-i5-8300H-15-dc0010nr-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B07K367JW9/ref=sr_1_16?keywo...

HP Recommended

Thank you for the replies. No the Amazon listing was this one: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CZ6VK4G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you look to the right of the photo, in the "see more" details section, it's mentioned there

Unfortunately, it appears to be the same over at CDW and Walmart. 

I do see that it isnt mentioned in other places, like the spec sheet and newegg, for example. 

This is a severe oversight, and probably should be corrected before these items get returned. The listing over at Amazon is by HP. 

It appears that somehow this slipped through the cracks, but as mentioned, this should probably be rectified quickly. 

HP Recommended

I see it...

amazon HP.JPG

I see it in the Walmart ad now also.

I can pass it on but no guarantees that anything will become of it. The buck will get passed back and forth.

Thanks for the heads up.

HP Recommended

You're welcome. 

And yeah, I understand that will happen. 

Me personally, I am not looking to be compensated with a free laptop or anything. 

It is a little disappointing that it doesn't include it, for sure, but it's not the end of the world. The ports and GPU were higher on the priority list. 

Having said that, if HP wants to reach out and offer an additional year of warranty coverage, for example, I certainly wouldn't reject it  🙂 

HP Recommended

@daveaphoto

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

@daveaphoto wrote:

Thank you for the replies. No the Amazon listing was this one: 

@daveaphoto 

Just digging more info:

Your machine comes with LCD RAW PANEL 15.6'INCH FHD 60Hz NB part number L24374-001

and my machine comes with LCD RAW PANEL 15.6'INCH FHD 144Hz NB part # L24376-001.

There are 2 different parts for screen cable:

Mine: SPS-LCD CABLE FHD 144Hz/UHD part # L24384-001   (please note UHD that means I can replace internal screen with a 4K screen w/o to replace cable).

and

Yours: SPS-LCD CABLE FHD 60Hz part # L24382-001

My conclusion: the listings were wrong somewhere. Part lists say the true.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.