Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello, I have a problem with Omen command center (v.10.0.20.0)

First, my omen key on keyboard doesn't work: I can open omen command center with the mouse, but not with its specific key on the keyboard .

Moreover, I can't access rewards: I signed up and entered my date of birth, but now I see a white screen in the "new" tab.

"In progress" tab and "complete" tab send me back to the "new" one, telling me I haven't started (or finished) any challenges yet.

Can somebody help me please?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The omen key Stopped Working after computer reboot , BUT I solved the problem :

-For the Omen Key to work, I have to open HP System Event Utility before, so I activated it at the computer startup in the task manager.

-For the Omen Rewards, after some researches, I found it was only available in the USA, and as I live in France (not close countries), it is obviously not available for me.

Thanks for your help .@Photoray002 

I hope this will help others with these issues.

Does somebody know when Omen rewards will be extended to other countries ?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello @Hordrist 

Always post the product number of your Omen computer.

The product number is located in the HP Support Assistant.

• Go to the Start menu and scroll to H>HP Help and Support>HP Support Assistant.
  • Open the program and click on your computer in the list.
  • The Product Number will be listed either on the top or bottom of the window.

Not sure of the Omen key. Its been a known issue with HP for some time now.

HP recommend reinstalling the command center. Get OMEN Command Center - Microsoft Store 

Also install the System Event Utility from the Microsoft Store. Get HP System Event Utility - Microsoft Store 

That might solve the issue of the white screen from the Rewards Center.

If it does not, you need to email  winfinite-support@versussystems.com

They handle the Rewards Service and HP directs all questions about Rewards to them. If its having errors, they can get with the power that be, to fix it.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hello .@Photoray002 

Thanks for your reply. It worked for the omen key, I will contact versus system for the rewards.

I've done this operation  in the past, it worked for the omen key but it stopped working later.

I will update if the problem comes back.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

The omen key Stopped Working after computer reboot , BUT I solved the problem :

-For the Omen Key to work, I have to open HP System Event Utility before, so I activated it at the computer startup in the task manager.

-For the Omen Rewards, after some researches, I found it was only available in the USA, and as I live in France (not close countries), it is obviously not available for me.

Thanks for your help .@Photoray002 

I hope this will help others with these issues.

Does somebody know when Omen rewards will be extended to other countries ?

HP Recommended

Good to know.

That is strange that you have to run the event utility first. It should automatically be running.

If you go to Services in the Windows Search bar, in the list are all of the HP services set to Running - Automatic, including the HP Support Solutions Framework Service?

HP Recommended

I only have HP Software Framework service, and it was set to manual. So I set it to automatic.

As I said in my previous message, I activated HP System event utility (it was called hp message service) at computer startup in the task manager.

HP Recommended

Im aware of your previous message, thus why I asked what is enabled in Services.

Would you mind telling me what your Product number is? Its in the HP Support Assistant.

Or is your PC not an Omen?

HP Recommended

Yes sorry I forgot to tell you the Product number

It is a Omen 15-dc0019nf

HP Recommended

Strange, you should have a few more HP services running than just one, unless you clean installed Windows via the MS Media Creation Tool. You shouldn't have to start up the HP Event utility every time you boot Windows.

Similar to this...

HP services.JPG

HP Recommended

My bad, I wasn't realy clear, I meant the most similar service to HP Support Solution Framework Services was (for my services) HP Software Framework Services.

I have these services displayed :

Services hp.PNG

"Hôte système de diagnostics" means "Diagnostic system Host"

"En co... --> En cours" means "running"

"Manuel" means "Manual"

"Automatique" means "Automatic"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.