Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket_S1_(S1g4).html

here you maybe found some info about your question cpu upgrade

bios update, it's always the best thing to do upgrading your bios to the newest

about your ram memory it's look like you have a shared memory with your gpu

(usely it's like that with a onboard gpu)

maybe for future questions about ram upgrade's

http://computer-memory-upgrade-review.toptenreviews.com/

here you can found some info about it

i hope i have answer some questions were you can found info about upgrade

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Computer: Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
CPU: Intel Core i7-3632QM (Ivy Bridge-MB SV, E1)
2200 MHz (22.00x100.0) @ 2895 MHz (29.00x99.8)
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 1970
Chipset: Intel HM76 (Panther Point)
Memory: 8192 MBytes @ 798 MHz, 11.0-11-11-28
- 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - Hynix (Hyundai) HMT351S6EFR8A-PB
- 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - Micron Tech. 16KTF51264HZ-1G6M1
Graphics: Intel Ivy Bridge-MB GT2 - Integrated Graphics Controller [E1/L1/N0/P0] [Hewlett-Packard]
Intel HD Graphics 4000, 2112 MB
Graphics: ATI/AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series (Sun XT) [Hewlett-Packard]
ATI/AMD Radeon HD 8600M Series, 2112 MB
Drive: KINGSTON SV300S37A120G, 117.2 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s
Drive: HGST HTS545050A7E380, 488.4 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
Sound: Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C1]
Network: Ralink RT3290 802.11n Wireless Network Adapter
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8101/2/3 Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Network: 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card

you can see i have installed 2 hdd: KINGSTON SV300S37A120G is a ssd (system drive)

HTS545050A7E380 orginal hdd (i put this in place of my dvd-rom drive, i never use

and it's working fine

i have no idea what the laptop manual has to say about it

i have in the past tested many wifi adaptors on my laptop i had at that time and never had any problem what so ever just instal it with the right driver

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

thanks for this :catembarrassed:

HP Recommended

What is the best CPU i can put in a Pavillion dv6 with the following motherboard part - 659151-001, please?

HP Recommended

Hi i have got dv2000 wistron 30b2 same system what max upgrade this system??? max cpu and ram support ????? mhz????

HP Recommended

@Mariusica wrote:

Hi Erico,

Lennon's problem

I also have a Compaq Presario CQ60 and I have the same problem as Lennon but there is a tiny difference between our laptops and i'm not sure if the Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9400 (6M Cache, 2.53 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) 

,that you said it compatible, it's also compatible with my laptop and i can upgrade to it

DMI

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. DMI BIOS 

• vendor     Hewlett-Packard
  • version    F.24  // The version is different 
  • date         08/13/2008

2. DMI System Information

• manufacturer    Hewlett-Packard
  • product                Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC
  • version                 F.24
  • serial                    [Edited for Personal Information]
  • UUID                     {204F1B64-7580-DD11-ABD3-E0563B65BA6B}

3. DMI Baseboard

• vendor     Wistron
  • model      3612
  • revision   09.41   // Another difference
  • serial        [Edited for Personal Information]

4. DMI System Enclosure

• manufacturer     Wistron
  • chassis type        Notebook
  • chassis serial      Chassis Serial Number

I also have a different processor: 

Processor 1 ID = 0

•     Number of cores      2 (max 2)
  •     Number of threads      2 (max 2)
  •     Name                 Intel Pentium T3200
  •     Codename         Merom
  • @    Specification        Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz
  •     Package (platform ID)           Socket P (478) (0x7)
  •     CPUID            6.F.D
  •     Extended CPUID       6.F
  •     Core Stepping            M0
  •     Technology             65 nm
  •     Core Speed             997.4 MHz
  •     Multiplier x Bus Speed             6.0 x 166.2 MHz
  •     Rated Bus speed                  664.9 MHz
  •     Stock frequency                     2000 MHz
  •     Instructions sets                   MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, EM64T
  •     L1 Data cache                  2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
  •     L1 Instruction cache         2 x 32 KBytes, 8-way set associative, 64-byte line size
  •     L2 cache                           1024 KBytes, 4-way set associative, 64-byte line size
  •     FID/VID Control              yes
  •     FID range          6.0x - 12.0x
  •     Max VID             1.250 V

The chipset is the same

Chipset
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Northbridge       Intel GL40 rev. 07
  • Southbridge        Intel 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev. 03
  • Memory Type      DDR2
  • Memory Size        2 GBytes
  • Channels Dual,       (Symmetric)
  • Memory Frequency       332.5 MHz (1:2)
  • CAS# latency (CL)          5.0
  • RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD)       5
  • RAS# Precharge (tRP)          5
  • Cycle Time (tRAS)       15
  • MCHBAR I/O Base address    0x0FED10000
  • MCHBAR I/O Size                 4096

Thank you very,very much and i apreciate your work :),

Marius

Hi. Thanks. 

Unless you provide the complete product name and number, I really can't say what is and what is not compatible with your notebook with certainty.

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2:
Remove the battery and look in the compartment where the battery was installed. You should see a Service tag with printed part number and a product name. Please post the p/n (with all alphanumeric characters) here. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
I have an hp pavilion g4 its hard disk seems faliure I want to replaced it but I missed my warranty card now what I can do?
HP Recommended

You do not need a warranty card if your notebook is still in warranty. Your notebook comes with a free one year warranty.

Check your warranty status Here. 

If your warranty is still in effect then contact HP fo arrange to have a warranty replacement hard disk delivered to you or to have your notebook sent in to a Service Center to have it done there.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hello I want to upgrade my amd apu to something with better graphics rather then the R2 and i really don't want to have to overclock my product is the HP 15 G070NR e1 series apu can you please give me possible upgrade options if there is any i would greatly appreciate it thanks in advance (:

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've been researching about my 3 year old laptop and it's upgrade capabilities, and with Black Friday coming up I guess it's already due for it. Any similar laptop owners out there? I wanted to know if you've done some upgrades to your unit. I got a CQ43-206tu and I've been wanting to upgrade it because I wanted to keep it since I got it from my late mother.

Here are some screenshots:

Capture3.JPG 

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

1. Based on the manual I could get an i5 2430m, but I just wanted to try out my luck if I could put an i7 2860m (similar HM65 SandyBridge Chipset) instead. Would I encounter problems if I pushed my luck with the i7?

2. I was also planning to buy a 2nd set of 4GB RAM to upgrade the OS into a 64-bit (I got a Kinsgton KVR1333D3S9/4 in it), but I'm wondering if anyone here has installed a Windows 8.1 64-bit into their 2011 laptop?

3. I wanted to buy an SSD into my system and start a fresh install, any advice out there since my current hard drive has lots of crapware and cloning might be more of a hassle.

4. I was reading into using a ful sized GPU through the mini-PCIe slot but I have no idea what my TOLUD size is, anyone here knows how to read this?

Capture.JPG 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.