Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot. Will update with details after I get the processor installed.

~Venkat V

HP Recommended

Does dv4t-1400 support quad core Q9000?

It has a PM45 chipset which is the same chipset used for Q9000.

HP Recommended

Hi,

@khaledseif wrote:

Does dv4t-1400 support quad core Q9000?

It has a PM45 chipset which is the same chipset used for Q9000.

The Q9000 does not use a chipset. It has circuitry on the die. It is a processor. Laptop motherboards use chipsets such as the P45 mobile express.

Sorry to bear bad news. The best you can do with the chipset and supported processors in your notebook is a duo core processor. Quads are not supported by the custom HP BIOS.

regards,

erico

Message Edited by erico on 09-15-2009 03:37 PM

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

IN th DV3510nr notebook service manual, the T9800 processor is listed as supported. It is a Penryn processor, unlike the Penryn 3M processor which is currently in the notebook. Could I now assume that all Penryn dual core processors are then supported? Like the P9XXX series?

HP Recommended
Hi, i have hp pavillion dv9704tx. It is intel centrino duo. The specification is Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 (2.00-GHz, 2 MB of L2 cache, 800-MHz FSB) I want to upgrade the processor to increase the cpu speed. I need more than 2. E.g 2.40 or 3.00 may b more. Is it possible ?? Please help me and give me the highest possible cpu that i can upgrade WITH OUT HARMING MY LAPTOP OR IT'S LONGIBITY..and please give me the my exact product support page..
HP Recommended

Hi,

Here is your support page.

It looks as if the only guaranteed to work upgrades fall within the following list for your laptop. It looks like a glass ceiling of 2.2Ghz.

T7500 (2.2-GHz, 4-MB L2 cache,

800-MHz FSB)

√ √ √

T7300 (2.0-GHz, 4-MB L2 cache,

800-MHz FSB)

√ √ √

T7100 (1.8-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache,

800-MHz FSB)

√ √ √

T5250e (1.5-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache,

667-MHz FSB)

√ √ √

T2300 (1.6-GHz, L2 cache, 533-

MHz FSB)

√ √ √

TJ85 (1.67-GHz, 2-MB L2 cache,

667-MHz FSB)

regards,

erico

Message Edited by erico on 09-18-2009 10:56 PM

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

@Luv3510 wrote:

IN th DV3510nr notebook service manual, the T9800 processor is listed as supported. It is a Penryn processor, unlike the Penryn 3M processor which is currently in the notebook. Could I now assume that all Penryn dual core processors are then supported? Like the P9XXX series?

Sorry to have to tell you, but the answer is no. If the processor is not in the supported CPU list there is no guarantee that the BIOS has support for it. That means buying one and installing it will be a crapshoot and you could end up with snake eyes ( losing $$$).

regards,

erico

HP Recommended

hi,

i have dv2701tx laptop. i want to upgrade processor. currently i have t5450 1.66 Ghz and 667mhz fsb at ppga478 socket. can i go to processor with more fsb then 667mhz? or i have to stick to 667mhz fsb. which are best processors for my laptops?

Vishu 

Message Edited by Vishu on 09-19-2009 07:45 AM
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Sorry.

I am unable to find information on this one. 

regards,

erico 

HP Recommended

Hi

I have been looking for a suitable HDD upgrade for my HP 530.

I guess my questions are

Any other advice . . . .

many thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.