25Yards
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OMEN 15 2020 AMD Fan Increase

HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-en0029nr
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

Hi I have a question regarding the fans on the newest HP Omen AMD version. This may also apply to the Intel version too. My fans on the computer fluctuate at random times. Even in the easiest and least demanding scenarios the fans will suddenly increase rapidly then decrease a few seconds later. I was wondering if anyone else is having similar issues or knows a way to fix this. I tried to download multiple different fan control softwares but all seem to be blocked and overruled by the HP Omen command center which also has no support for this issue. There is no way to control the fans other than max or "automatic" which clearly isn't doing its job properly.  

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 472 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@25Yards Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the OMEN 15 2020 AMD Fan Increase.

Please 

Adjust the computer power settings

Adjust the power settings to decrease power consumption, which can help the fans maintain an optimal internal temperature up to 30° C (86° F).

1. Turn on the computer.

2. In Windows, search for and open Control panel.

3. In the Control Panel search field, type power options, and then select Power Options from the list.

Selecting Power Options

4. Click Change plan settings.

Changing  the plan settings

5. Click Change advanced power settings.

Clicking Change advanced power settings

6. Click the drop-down menu, and then select Power saver.

Example of the power saver option in Windows 10

7. Select Sleep from the list, and then click Sleep after and Hibernate after to open each setting.

NOTE: 

Sleep mode places the computer in a power-saving mode that does not close any open applications, while Hibernation mode saves any work in open applications, and then turns the computer off.

Clicking the Sleep after and Hibernate after settings

8. Decrease the amount of time for each setting to reduce unnecessary strain on the fans when the computer is not being used.

9. Click OK to save the changes.

10. Restart the computer.

Clean the air vents

Dust and debris can accumulate in and around the air vents over time, obstructing the airflow and causing the fans to work harder than normal to remove the heat.

Please update the BIOS.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove any objects near the computer.

3. Use a vacuum to remove the dust from the vents underneath and on the sides of the computer.

Location of the vents on an HP Notebook PC

4. Turn the computer on, and then place it on a hard, level surface, such as a desk or table.

CAUTION: 

Placing the computer on a cloth surface, such as your lap, a bed, or a couch cushion, can restrict or completely block the airflow. Prolonged air restriction causes overheating and potential damage. Go to Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating for more information.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation