cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaron_24
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OMEN 15 (2020) 'R' key registering inconsistently.

HP Recommended
Omen Laptop 15-en0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought my laptop in July of last year and have been having issues with the 'R' key for about 6 months now. I started noticing it when playing Overwatch; sometimes I would try to reload and it wouldn't register. When it first started it was super minor, and would only act up about once or twice every hour of playing. However, it got worse and worse to the point where now it only has about a 40% chance of working both in and out of games. It stops working for hours and then proceeds to work fine for 30 mins before it stops registering again. When it's not registering, sometimes the 'R' key can work if I type it in tandem with the 'E' key for whatever reason.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling my drivers, updating my BIOS, and troubleshooting through the HP app and haven't had any luck. 

Any help would be appreciated.

- Aaron

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation