14 12 2 1
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OMEN 15 RTX 2060 Overheating

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-dh0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I purchased HP OMEN 15 about 9 months ago. I was impressed with the general feel of the laptop. That is, until the lockdown, when I actually started playing games... Then I realised I had serious overheating issues, even when running old-school games that my ancient laptop could handle just fine. I contacted support, sent the laptop for repair and got it back a few days ago, fixed. The report says they cleaned it (true) and that they replaced the thermal module.

However, I am again at the same place where I started. Absolutely no improvement.Contacted support again. They told me to send it back again. This is frustrating. I mostly use my laptop for work and study and it is essential for me, especially during the current situation that I do a lot of online work. But it is insane to just forget about it and stay with an expensive gaming laptop that cannot play games if I want to.

I have all latest drivers and latest bios update. Working on a clean install.  I am almost sure that if I send the laptop for a second repair I will struggle 2 more months with work to end up with exactly the same problem. Is there a possibility that they will apply a better thermal paste, do actual stress tests etc?

Happy to provide further details when asked.

UPDATE: Absolutely no replies....

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation