Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dc1008np
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought this laptop 1 month ago and recently i have noticed that the fans star speeding from nothing. I instaled core temp and saw that the temperatures of CPU where spiking, reaching 97/100°C. How can my CPU is reaching such high temperatures? I started to search for awnsers, but i didnt find any yet. I saw awnsers like, drivers, dust, compatibility with windows... 

Is this normal?

Please help me, i dont thinks that this temperatures are normal.

this was after starting  PC and writing thisthis was after starting PC and writing this

Thank you!

Artur Machado

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Unfortunately my HP OMEN 17t-an100 does the very same thing with its Intel core i7-8750H 6core CPU.

All I can recommend to you, it to use Intel Extreme Tuning Utility to undervolt the CPU. This is very safe to do, as if you undervolt too much, the system will only crash, and then restore to the default settings again upon reboot.  Try -0.125v to start with and very slowly work your way lower and lower. When ever you meet a sudden system crash, just put it back to the value you knew worked best (-0.125v for example). 

You could also get a laptop cooling pad/fan pad for the laptop to help it cool down.

This CPU is already prone to overheating, and since HP adores reusing older chassis(s) systems with newer more heat producing CPU(s), the physical vents and fans aren't really designed to handle the heat as well as the older CPU(s) the chassis were originally meant for (I believe the Intel core i7-7700HQ)...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.