Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Correct. My 144hz monitor in the USB-C initiates the failed network adapter upon "waking up" from sleep mode.

HP, can we get a support representative to move this up the chain?

HP Recommended

I have only a USB-C to HDMI so I can't test the response to USB-C to DP. With 120Hz and USB-C to HDMI I don't get the wifi loss issue.

I also found something strange. If I attempt to put my computer to hibernation while connected to miniDP HP 24 monitor I tested successfully, the computer wouldn't hibernate. It would wake up immediately. I tried plenty of times with the same outcome. My HP elitebook has never exhibited this issue on the same HP monitor via DP on its docking station. I think the HP monitor and LG monitor does differ in maybe how they handle sleep/wake etc but suspect it's HP OMEN's firmware that causes the issue with WiFi and unable to hibernate.

HP Recommended

So clearly this is a deeper issue.

How do we push this up the chain?

HP Recommended

No idea if there's such a thing as pushing up the chain with this community forum thread. It's not even a tech support case. If any of us with similar issues ever contact tech support, please refer to this thread as some evidence your case is not an isolated case.

HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue.

Wifi and BT lost when connected to external monitor through DP.

Omen 15 from 2020 w Ryzen 4800H. Bios F07. All updates.

Very dissapointed with this laptop since it also has terrible fan mapping, fan is running at high speed constantly even when idle or web browsing.

Workaround for the lost Wifi and BT:

1. Go to device manager and uninstall the network card (I picked the ethernet card ipv6)

2. Reboot computer

Most of the time, this brings back the wifi and BT cards.

You can also look for "hidden devices" in device manager where wifi and BT is found, and remove them the same way.

HP staff, are you even reading these threads??

HP Recommended

I finally dragged my HP EliteBook dock home to test the LG gaming monitor with DisplayPort built on to the dock. It took a while to wake the monitor after I woke the EliteBook from sleep so there's definitely something with the DisplayPort or laptop or monitor. But after the monitor woke up and I logged into my EliteBook, the WiFi and BT are both good. I suspect it's just with the OMEN 15 gaming laptop.

HP Recommended

This same thing is happening to me. I also just bought my OMEN, its only a couple months old. So I have an asus 144hz gaming monitor and when i have it connected via the mini DP and shut and open the lid, wifi completely disappears. As soon as i disconnect the monitor and restart, i can literally open and close the lid as much as i want and the wifi is perfect when nothing is plugged into mini DP. I actually had it sent in for repair because HP said it was the wifi card, but just got it back and still doing it. HP was basically no help. I ended up buying an external usb wifi adapter and now i have wifi even when I have my second monitor is plugged in. 

HP Recommended

So we've established a fact that this OMEN model is having issues with WiFi/BT after being placed on sleep (close lid) and woken up (open lid) via DisplayPort connections with multiple brands of monitors. Also worth mentioning that other computers I have don't exhibit this issue, even HP laptop of different model.

I wonder, instead of getting an external WiFi adapter, what happens if you get a USB-C to dual DisplayPort adapter to driver up to 2 external monitors. This should render the existing mini DisplayPort and HDMI port useless, yes, but it may solve our problem. I only have USB-C to HDMI adapter which works fine with sleep/wake as the existing HDMI port also works fine. But I'm sharing the monitor with another HP laptop so that HP is using the monitor's HDMI input, leaving just a displayport input for the OMEN.

HP Recommended

By the way, thanks for including your experience with HP tech support. If that's all they know what they can do, swapping out WiFi cards, I won't bother contacting them because the WiFi card works just perfectly.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for creating this thread. It's good to know that I am not the only one facing this problem.

I am a new owner of HP Omen 15-en0002AX. I am using it with an LG Ultragear 24GL650F and connecting it using AmazonBasics Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Cable.

Connecting the laptop with LG 24GL650F took me a while. I had to go to the monitor setting and select Reader or RTS from Game Mode, which resulted in a black and white output. After that, I had to reset Game Adjust and Picture Adjust. These steps allowed me to use LG 24GL650F with HP Omen 15-en0002AX.

While I was troubleshooting why the monitor was not connecting with the laptop, I noticed that I was disconnected from WIFI. And Wifi adapter setting was missing as well as the device manager wireless drivers.

At first, I suspected my Dell Km117 Wireless Keyboard Mouse, but considering how it took me so long to connect the monitor and how many times I unplugged and plugged it I decided to search a little bit, and I landed on this thread where you guys were discussing the same problem.

For now, @Liudr's solution works for me. But I don't think my display port will last if I keep unplugging and plugging it. I also have disabled power and sleep settings.

Should I buy an HDMI cable and drop the 144Hz display, or is there any way to use the monitor's full potential other than using a wireless dongle?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.