Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 17-cb0006na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I'd like to share with people my current HP Customer Support experience as I've had nothing but a nightmare getting my machine repaired. 

I suddenly got a yellow warning one day ⚠️  telling me to recalibrate my battery but after many attempts at following the instructions and performing the procedure, it wouldn't recalibrate and the warning remained. So I opened a support ticket as I've only had the machine 2 months so it is still under warranty.

On the phone, the agent told me it would take no more than ten days and that a courier would collect my machine in two days. The courier ended up coming five days later instead. After they recieved it, I tracked the progress online to which it said 'repair on hold'. I called up to find out why and was told "nothing is wrong, your machine is currently being repaired and will be sent back to you either tomorrow or the day after". I waited a day and still nothing, so I called up again. This time I was told "the replacement part is out of stock but it has been dispatched to the technicians and will arrive tomorrow for repair. It will be shipped back to you the day after." Again I waited and again, nothing. So I called up again, "the machine has been repaired and will be dispatched today". Again I waited the next day and nothing. 

There's nothing worse than being lied to. Especially when you've spent £1700 on one of their products. Someone once told me, "ALWAYS judge a company or business by how professional their customer support is." Well I don't know what to think about HP at this point to be honest. It's been two weeks now and I still don't have my machine back or any indication of when I will either. It seems instead that I'm repeatedly being lied to and fobbed off with made up stories as to what is really going on with it. That's how much contempt they appear to have for us.

So please think twice before investing in a HP computer especially one for this price. My upgrade will NOT be the same brand I assure you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Dr-Soong0101

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, in order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can't see an inbox from you.

HP Recommended

In the event that your battery surpasses 30-40 °C (86-104 °F), REPLACE THE BATTERY!

You will probably observe a limit decline. This is acceptable - not terrible.

Attempt to abstain from utilizing your PC while it is charging. This may influence adjustment exactness.

Conflicting revealing as a rule shows an EOL battery. These are frequently uncorrectable.

On the off chance that your battery is more seasoned, consider a ~10% release. A full release may cause harm.

In the event that your PC doesn't permit you to completely release the battery, you will require a workaround. Workarounds for UEFI/Legacy BIOSes are given.

The most effective method to recalibrate the battery

Charge the PC to 100%. Use it until it closes down and no longer turns on.

See BIOS lockouts and known OEM peculiarities for HP and Lenovo PCs.

Quickly revive the battery. Try not to utilize the PC if conceivable.

HP Recommended

You understand this is a gaming laptop right?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.