Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0103nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys, any ideas how to set-up RAID 0/1, using two NVMe SSD drives?

There are no RAID options in BIOS. Any ideas how to make it work?

In BIOS under UEFI HII Configuration> Intel RST 17.2.8.4410 RAID Driver can be seen, but no drives showing at all.

I'm using two 512GB Samsung MZVLB512HBJQ drives.

Thanks for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Quillin 

Some HP Omen machines come with RAID 0. If you wish to setup RAID 0 or 1, please try

https://helpdeskgeek.com/how-to/how-to-install-and-configure-raid-drives-raid-0-and-1-on-your-pc/

Your machine comes with

• 512 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA

You need one more M.2 NVMe slot for RAID setup.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien, thanks for your reply. It is pretty much the same generic reply, as you posted here

I know how to set-up RAID in general, I just do not know how to do it on this particular laptop. The link you provided does not help in this situation at all. Since there are no such options available in HP Omen 17 cb-0103 BIOS, as "SATA Mode" selection. Actually, the BIOS is pretty basic, you can barely change anything there.

I know that some of the OMEN 17 models come with RAID 0. Maybe they have RAID options unlocked in BIOS?

I also have the other M.2 drive. I bought exactly the same drive as the first one factory installed Samsung MZVLB512HBJQ.

Running Intel RST RAID setup software under Windows 10 did not do much either. There is only "SATA" option available, The PCIe is greyed out.

Hope, that one day someone who actually knows these systems will address this question.

Regards, Q

HP Recommended

@Quillin 

Hope the following document helps

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01722861

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.