Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-w273nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am thinking about buying an HP OMEN, however I may need more RAM and Storage in the future and I would like to know if this model is upgradable. The model is the OMEN 17-w273nr (serial number: W2N52UA), and it comes with 16Gb RAM and 512Gb SSD.

Is it possible to upgrade any of those? If not, is there any OMEN model with more than 16Gb RAM and/or more SSD storage (or at least the same SSD storage but with an additional SATA memory storage), without renouncing to the 1070 GTX NVIDIA GeForce graphics card (at least the 1060 I do need)?

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello alBarras,

The Specs for that model show it as only having up to 16 GB of ram and a 512 GB m.2 NVMe SSD because thats as far as HP has tested it to work with.

I would like to think it could work with more ram, but without actually installing more myself, I cannot say.

You can absolutely add another drive to the sata connector inside as there is room for a 2.5 inch HDD/SDD, but you will have to purchase the connecting cable and drive brackets to install it with.

At the moment, the HP Store is the only source for those items and they are pricey.

You will need...

Hard drive connector and cable

862964-001

Hard drive brackets with rubber

911227-001

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

If you go with a conventional HDD, I would use a WD Black drive 7200 rpm.

Here is where the HDD bay is located on my W273nr.

Omen 17 with bottom off.jpg

Here is the maintence manual for how to take it apart.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05350442

HP Recommended

I will add, that as far as warranty goes, each model can be different and we are not authorized to tell you what will pass and what wont. You would want to contact HP Support directly and ask them before replacing components.

Just in case.  :Wink:

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.