Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN CE018DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OMEN CE018DX with the screen issues. Unfortunately it is our of warranty.  The screen popping finally caused a blob of broken pixels to appear in the bottom right corner and several full-width rows extending from it.

I wish that I could send it in and get it fixed. This screen also had the intial problems where the bezel was putting too much pressure on the LCD (my guess) and causing lighter areas on dark screen.

MY QUESTION IS: If I order the bezel (929444-001) and the screen (752920-019), will that repair the issue? Do those parts fix the design flaw, or will I run into this again?

If it does fix the issue will I also need to replace the back cover? (929442-001)

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @ShanePry 

The screen popping finally caused a blob of broken pixels...

Not sure what you mean. The screen was physically bowing out and rubbing against the keyboard when closed?

If the laptop suffered some sort of physical blunt force against it, that would be the only reason I know of to cause it to bow outward or cause a fracture of pixels in the damaged area.

The lighter areas you're describing sound like back light bleed near the edges. If so, its a phenomenom that can happen to laptop panels and the back lighting. Is it caused by the plastic outer bezel around it? I will say probably not, I could not make any guarantees.

You should have no reason to also replace the back cover unless you broke it while taking the laptop apart, or it was broke as a result of some other physical damage.

Hope that helps.

HP Recommended

I ordered the bezel and the screen. I will install them and tell you how it goes. The bezel and back cover have become detached from each other on the bottom-right. They won't push or snap back together, as if something is pushing it out from the inside. I will investigate when I get in there. Thank you for your insight!

HP Recommended

Interesting ... I do need the back cover to properly fix it. Looks like the lower right snap that secures the back cover to the bezel has pulled off (breaking the plastic from the back cover). The little plastic peice is what wound up getting between the screen and the bezel, which caused the bezel and the back cover to pry apart just enough to start snapping against the lower body of the laptop. This eventually broke the screen.

I have installed the new screen. Very easy install. New bezel on the way, but I might just skip the back cover for now. Even though it's not as secure as i'd like, it isn't snapping anymore.

I also noticed that the screen was perfect with dark background until I put the bezel back on. That's when I started noticing the screen bleeding along the bottom edge. I was careful not to apply pressure except to the outer-most edge of the bezel while installing.

Thanks for your help! I think i am back on track.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.