Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an198ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to stream games from my Omen PC to my Omen Laptop using Game Stream.  It does not seem to work.  Both PC's tell me they're ready to stream and to download the Omen Command Center app from the windows store on the other pc to start stream.  Its like they're both stuck on host or client?? Help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@forbegos, welcome to the forum.

Here is the official HP Omen Game Stream website.  If you haven't done so, I suggest that you read through it and follow the instructions step by step.  It could be that you are missing a small step in the setup.  It is difficult for us to know what you have or haven't done.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@forbegos, welcome to the forum.

Here is the official HP Omen Game Stream website.  If you haven't done so, I suggest that you read through it and follow the instructions step by step.  It could be that you are missing a small step in the setup.  It is difficult for us to know what you have or haven't done.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I did read through all the setup.  I am thinking maybe I have the wrong version of Command Center installed on my laptop.  I have the downloaded one from the Windows store, not the one that came with the laptop.  I tried looking for the Command Center download in my laptop's support site, but they only list the Command Center SDK.  

Could it be that I have only the host version of Command Center on both, or the client version?  is that how this works?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @forbegos.

The one thing that I have noticed in the setup instructions is, it states that Game Stream only comes with newer Omen models and a version for older computers is in the works.  When did you buy your Omen?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I bought my Omen laptop about a month ago.  

Fernando.

HP Recommended

Your model is definitely on the list of compatible laptops.  I have one further question, "did you sign up for an account for Game Stream as it states in Step 1"?

HP Recommended

Yep, I did.

HP Recommended

@forbegos wrote:

Yep, I did.

Good!

1. Must activate a Game Stream account on your OMEN PC and download the OMEN Command Center app from the Microsoft Store onto another Windows 10 PC with these minimum requirements: OS: Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update or later), CPU: Intel® CoreTM i5 processor (5th Generation or later), GPU: Intel® HD 4000 / NVIDIA® 8000 series / AMD® 2000 series or better with latest graphics drivers, Memory: 4GB DDR3. Minimum upload and download speed of10 Mbps at 5GHz is required.

2. Actual Game Stream UI may differ from images depicted. 

3. In order to use Pre-Game Diagnostics, your OMEN PC must update to the latest version of OMEN Command Center—an auto update taking place 24-72 hours after initial start-up. 

4. Altering clock frequency and/or voltage may: (i) reduce system stability and useful life of the system, processor, and other system components; (ii) cause the processor and other system components to fail; (iii) cause reductions in system performance; (iv) cause additional heat or other damage; and (v) affect system data integrity. HP and Intel have not tested, and does not warrant, the operation of the processor beyond its specifications. HP and Intel have not tested, and do not warranty, the operation of other system components beyond their industry standard specifications. HP and Intel assume no responsibility that the processor and other system components, including if used with altered clock frequencies and/or voltages, will be fit for any particular purpose. 

5. Available features vary by configuration.

Has your Game Stream automatically updated as stated in Step 3?  I am trying to do this systematically.  I want to make certain that all of the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted.

HP Recommended

Yep, all checked.  My question on the version of the Command Center still stands.  I deleted it by mistake and downloaded the windows store version.  I cannot find the download for it from HP Support for my laptop model.  It only lists the SDK version.  Is the Command Center from the Windows Store the same?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.