3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OMEN Gaming Laptop 15' Inch - Trackpad has world domination plans

HP Recommended
Omen 15 2017 Notebook 15' i7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Right from the first moment (1 month ago) I took my new Omen 15' Gaming Laptop out of the box, the touchpad seems to have a life of its own. This happens every less than 5 minutes, so it's pretty anyoing as every task seems to be impacted by it.

It only happens when I'm using it... this is to say that if I don't have my finger or hand on the touchpad, it won't click anywhere, so this makes me thing of a bad physical contact in the sensor of some sorts? 

Before suggesting the obvious, let me just say I have already scavanged as much of the forums as possible and have tried most solutions proposed, including:

- Updating the bios

- Reinstalling the original driver from HP/Synaptics

- Removing the synaptics driver and installing the "standard" one from Synaptics webiste

- Messed around as much as possible with Smartsensing and reseting it again to default

I also found a lot of posts where people complained about this type of issues that weren't solved and didn't have any supporting answers, so I hope this doesn't fall into that category.

Thanks for all the help.

1 REPLY 1
JJLuvzU
Level 4
Level 4
93 92 3 34
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It could a faulty firmware, check with HP to see if they have any touchpad firmware for update?

Or, to terminate your touchpad's evil world domination plan, get an external mouse.

"Appreicate a Kudo if you like my post or find it useful."
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation