Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-ek1xxx
Microsoft Windows 11

Since I've been using my laptop for 3d work I decided to switch the graphics mode permanently to discrete instead of a hybrid.

But once I've done that my laptop refused to show the login screen. Just boot chime and black screen.

It displayed the omen and windows boot screen though, so I started tinkering with monitor settings.

I've connected the external monitor via HDMI and got a picture on it. Even more, I've got a picture on the internal monitor too.

But it lasted until the reboot, so relying on an external monitor wasn't an option.

Long story short, go to Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display, choose Display 1: Internal Display in a dropdown menu, then go down to Choose a refresh rate and change the value from 300.19 or 300.18 (or whatever you'll find there) to Dynamic (150Hz or 300Hz). Reboot. Enjoy. Worked for me, so maybe will help someone else. 

Product name : OMEN Laptop 15-ek1xxx

Bios F.11 (08 Sep 2021)

GeForce Drivers: 511.23 (GeForce 3070)

Windows 11 Home 21H2 22000.469

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jekket ! 

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device. ‌‌

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem. Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Regards, 
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jekket ! 

Thank you for visiting our community, we are glad that you have resolved the issue you were experiencing on your device. ‌‌

In this case, we thank you for sharing the solution, so that you can help other users who are experiencing the same problem. Please, reach out if we can help you with anything else.

Regards, 
MayS.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.