cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kostaskougios
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OMEN Laptop - 15-en0008na, laptop doesn't turn on after attempt to add a 2nd drive

HP Recommended
HP OMEN 15-en0008na

Hi, I bought an OMEN Laptop - 15-en0008na this week. Today I opened it because I wanted to install a 2nd disk. After installation I closed the box and pressed the power button but the button light was flashing without the laptop turning on.

I removed the new disk and tried again, same problem, power button light flashing but laptop not turning on.

I then followed instructions to remove the battery, hold the power button for 15 secs, then replace battery. Then I pressed the power button but nothing at all happens now, the power button light it doesn't even flash. So the laptop is completely unresponsive at the moment , any ideas what is wrong?

Edit: I tried the win-B / win-V + power button bios trick but didn't have any effect.

Also will this laptop work if I remove the battery and have it only on power?

Edit 2: So far I've tried operating the laptop with battery only  or with power cord only. Both cases it doesn't respond (dead). Also usb devices don't seem to get power from the laptop when plugged in. I think there is some damage to the power circuits of the laptop but I closely inspected it with a flash light and didn't see anything obvious. Maybe the battery connector cable was damaged when I removed it somehow (I was very careful)?

I also tried removing disks, ram etc, still laptop stays dead.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation