Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 15-dc0051nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am a tech guy who is needing tech help lol. So I bought this OMEN by HP - 15-dc0051nr and its been a really good laptop A few months ago however, I've been having some issues with it. The fan closest to the power supply went out on me so, I bought a new fan, took the laptop apart, took the battery out first, etc.....

In  the process of changing out the fan, I took the time to remove the old thermal paste off the processors and reapply a new layer. In this process, I felt like I could have applied to much but, everything seemed to have worked as normal (If not better). I took the time to clean the vents and the other fan as well.

What originally trigged all of these fixes was my laptop wouldn't boot up and I thought it was probably due to the fan not working. The power light would come on when I clicked it and then would cut off.  After those repairs, my laptop worked like normal for a few weeks.

I again had the same fan stop working for me and the battery seemed a little "bubbly". I replaced the battery and got a extra power cord, for the hell of it, with the same specs as the previous battery and charger. At this point everything seemed to be working again.

Lately however, the same issue is still occurring. Laptop won't boot up unless I discharge any potential static build up in the device and sometimes, that doesn't even work. I also notice that when I sometimes lift the right back corner up, it is more likely to come on. It's almost like there is a short or something.. Does anyone have any ideas on what is going on?

I run two portal monitors on this laptop which makes me wonder if they are pulling to much energy away from the laptop and has caused a short possibly, idk. Oh, I also took the time to remove some of the excess thermal paste that I thought could have been the issue. It didn't seem to fix anything.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tech_Guy2, Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

Apologies for all the inconvenience

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue, and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced.  As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now,

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest youContact HPin your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.