Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi, can someone clearly answer if new OMEN Laptop with RTX 2060 has G-Sync or not?  I saw  lot of topics, but didn't see any evidence.

Thank you 

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Yes it has G Sync. It is advertised as having that as a feature.

Attatched is the PDF showing it does.

HP Recommended

That's pretty cute, but in real it doesn't exist 

Screenshot (1).png

HP Recommended

It wasnt meant to be cute. You asked a question and I answered with what I found. 

If you're having issues, contact HP Support directly under a warranty issue...

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Sorry, it wasn't meant to be disrepectful ,  but I'm just tired to getting  bunch of useless information, but nobody can give me rellevant information how to fix it..

HP Recommended

There have been a couple of users with this same issue. The advertisements and manual all show that it should work.

I have talked with others who have no problems. So there would seem to be some strange glitch or possibly a fault with some of the 144Hz panels perhaps? No driver update seems to fix it.

The only thing I can offer is to contact HP Support directly and make an issue of it. They need to look into this and see if there needs to be repairs/replacements made or if its a software issue.

You will have to use the link and follow the prompts to create a warranty issue.

If it does not work, let me know.  Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site 

HP Recommended

Screenshot (6)_LI.jpg

HP Recommended

I have talked to someone recently who has that panel and they claimed they could access GSync settings in the control panel.

Edit: Ill ask my Admins if this can be escalated to an agent on the inside for better clarification.

HP Recommended

I don't know how it's even possible that someone have  G-Sync someone not... 

HP Recommended

So, from what I have come across it seems the rtx 2060 models only support 4kUHD G-SYNC. Only the 2070 models offer 144hz G-SYNC or 4k G-SYNC. Here is a screenshot of the maintenance guide with product descriptions. It really sucks, I was looking to get the 2060, 144hz model if it came with G-SYNC.

Screenshot_20190411-214348.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.