Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc1014ni
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi all

Can someone help me, how many SSD slots does the laptop below have ?

OMEN by HP 15-dc1014ni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way you could add another SSD unless you used a USB adapter and had it external.

If you just want a faster data storage drive, you can remove the 1 TB HDD and install a 1 TB SSD.

If you want to install more programs that would run off the NVMe SSD but you are running out of space, you can replace the 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD with one having a larger storage capacity.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the service manual for your notebook.

OMEN by HP 15 Laptop PC Maintenance and Service Guide

Chapter 1 has the supported drive types.

Your notebook has one M.2 slot that supports a NVMe SSD.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

Thank you for replying and the attachment.

Would I be able to install another SSD via some other method/port ?

eg. My current Storage Configuration is:

1 HDD 1TB 

1 SSD 256GB

I would like to add another SSD, but not sure whether I could add it via some other storage port?

Or would you recommend I remove the 1TB HDD and install another SSD instead ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way you could add another SSD unless you used a USB adapter and had it external.

If you just want a faster data storage drive, you can remove the 1 TB HDD and install a 1 TB SSD.

If you want to install more programs that would run off the NVMe SSD but you are running out of space, you can replace the 256 GB M.2 NVMe SSD with one having a larger storage capacity.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen

Thanks, yeah makes sense to go with that solution

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.