Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 17-cb0221ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all - I'm trying to determine how many M.2 slots and how many SSD slots there are in the 17-cb02211ng. I've found this review here:

https://laptopmedia.com/review/hp-omen-17-2019-review-proper-look-at-the-9th-gen-intel-cpus-inside-a...

According to this, they say, "two M.2 PCIe x4 slots, that not only support RAID 0, but also the Optane H10 technology" and "Just beneath that, held by four Phillips head screws, is the 70Wh battery unit. On its left is where you can find the SATA slot".

So my OMEN, has a single M.2 500GB card. I'm assuming I can add an additional M.2 of some size and one SSD. My question is: It appears in their photos that the SSD is mounted with a frame or caddy and a connector. Where am I able to purchase this frame/caddy with connector for the SSD in Europe? I'm struggling to find info on this anywhere. 

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would contact HP then and explain the situation. They will be able to help you out with that.  I would do this BEFORE you go to Europe also. It will be easier to get one here than over there.

Looks like this one...

HDD bracket Omen 17-cb0000.JPG

Ill ask if a rep can contact you also.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Carbon18 

According to everything I can cross reference, there are no brackets or frame you can purchase from HP.

There is a connector though... L57362-001 but I don't know if it will be available in Europe (Germany?). ITs not showing as available in the US either.

But I know from several others that those HP Omens now come with a dummy box that contains the bracket and cable connector.

So you should be OK. I assume this PC will be purchased over there?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367528

HP Recommended

Jey @Photoray002,

I bought the laptop already last year. I thought I'd wait 6 months or a year to upgrade the drive space. After opening the OMEN to have a look over the past weekend, I can confirm there is no cable to attach or anything available to hold an SSD in place.

Surely HP is selling replacement parts for these on some market somewhere...? I don't care if I have to buy them from North America or China. Until then, I've got a 2TB Samsung SSD paper weight on my desk... 

Carbon 

HP Recommended

I would contact HP then and explain the situation. They will be able to help you out with that.  I would do this BEFORE you go to Europe also. It will be easier to get one here than over there.

Looks like this one...

HDD bracket Omen 17-cb0000.JPG

Ill ask if a rep can contact you also.

HP Recommended

Jey @Photoray002 - I'm not 100% sure how to contact HP on parts for laptops. I'm in the Europe (Germany) area, are you able to PM me contact info or have someone contact me?

HP Recommended

You can contact HP Support and ask who ever you talk to about the situation and they will put in you touch with the right contact, if they cannot help you themselves.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.