Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OMEN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo i have problem my gtx 1070 working bad . My specification :

1.Windows 10 Home 64-bitowy 

2.Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz

3.16 gb ram ddr4 

4.gtx 1070 

hp omen 17-w211ng

I play right now ony 2 games but i have fps problem 

Assassin's Creed Syndicate i have 12 fps /23 max

League of Legends 30 all time 

nvidia drivers 382.05

I need help 

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hello @drzesiet

I've got Syndicate and it runs just fine on my Omen with the GTX 1070.

Are you playing with the battery only or plugged into the AC?

Also what are the game settings resolution set at?

V-sync should be turned off in the Nvidia control panel.

HP Recommended

Hey i try now play with v-sync off wie will see What will happen now its my first gaming notebook

HP Recommended
If you play on battery only, it will drop fps to conserve power also.
HP Recommended
Hey right now my omen is reclamation wie will See... :]
HP Recommended

There are a lot of issues with the latest Nvidia drivers at the moment.

I have the omen-17-w200na (pretty much the same as yours) and I have had loads of framrate issues.  I reverted back to 378.49 and the problem was solved, buttery smooth again.

I would also check your CPU isn't overheating - I had a load of grief with this with throttling engaging all the time, HP haven't put enough cooling in the machine so I decided to undervolt instead of opening up to repaste for now.  Gained me 20c reduction, tops out at around 80-85c now on full pelt which I can accept.  Use the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility at your own risk, a few vids on YouTube will show you what to do, I have mine down to -0.135v no bother, although you have to reapply this every shutdown/restart/resume as it doesn't stick.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1010105/geforce-drivers/fps-drops-and-stutter-with-external...

That's just one choice post on the matter, but if you have a look at the parent Geforce forum you will see others saying pretty much the same thing.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/114351/en-us

That's the link to the older driver that works (for me and others anyway).

HP Recommended

Yes its possible that its a driver update issue and wont be the first time Nvidia has had this.

That would be the next possibility to check.

But most first time users dont know that the Omen cuts resources when on battery power only during gaming to save energy and this has been a large cause of this sort of behaviour. Thats why I ask if the user is on battery only at first, before I start offering to uninstall drivers. :Wink:

HP Recommended
I am not play games on battery i Look everythinks and last thing what can i do is reclamation i have for my omen also 'glacier nc400'
HP Recommended

Try what I said above with the drivers, and get a monitoring program to check you are not overheating and being constantly throttled.  HWInfo will do that - also the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility will let you see if this is the case without you even needing to change any options within it.

HP Recommended

Yes that was going to be my next suggestion before user20001 jumped in.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.