Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I thought I'd share my feedback about HP Omen 15 2020. Not just mine but also what I've heard basically all Youtube reviewers complain about too.

Wrong:

- Key Travel. Never put a numpad on a 15inch laptop! Rule #1 (need to go back to Omen 2015 aka 15-5005np keyboard)

- Plastic body. Make it aluminium! The flexing screen is not good...

- No touch screen.

- Thick bezels. Need more vertical screen space next gens! Bottom chin bezel is HUGE...

- 16gb RAM. Want more out of the gate.

Right:

- Cooling. Much better than previous gens.

- Screen is great and refresh rate.

- Nice design, less "gaming" than previous gens. After Omen 2015 this is my 2nd favourite.

- Upgradable RAM.

- Specs

Fix those wrong things and I'll buy/upgrade from my HP Omen 2015 15-5005np

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I respectfully disagree on a few points, but then every end user has different needs

My negatives are a gimped bios that means we cannot undervolt the i7 cpu - some manufactures do. I know there is only a little room for undervolting this series of intel cpus but every little helps

This is the main negative of this laptop range, and it also applies to other brands....the intel CPU

If you are reading this and looking at the 2020 Omen, please consider the AMD model instead, the intel i7-10750H comes with way more wattage than the chip can handle in heat, and needs to be dialled back to keep temps in 80's not in the 90s. Performance is good but the AMD smokes intel, faster with less heat, due to the intel design, not the laptop chassis/cooling

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.