Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I had the same problem for some reason the bios f.05 is not very optimized and the cpu keeps spiking even at idle to like 70-80, very unstable temperatures

HP Recommended

How can i revert my bios back to f01 from f05? 

HP Recommended

sp104034.exe

Folder should be in windows, C drive, SWsetup, sp104034

october3_0-1599681580008.png

HP Recommended

If you go in the bios, (Just google how to do that) and then in the menu click on system configuration ( I think)and then bios setup and rollback bios

HP Recommended

I get a update failed

HP Recommended

It's odd that the general consensus is to roll back the bios- using whatever built in utility was available to update my omen 15-ek0013dx immediately ran quieter.

HP Recommended

Cpu temps stepped higher on mine in general use, probably due to change in auto fan rpm or the trigger for fan curve

I did repaste and use throttlestop 35/38 watts. With the most taxing game i have, flight simulator 2020, cpu temps are in 80s with extended play. Thats with omen performance mode & auto fans.

HP Recommended

I tried to roll back the bios from f05 to f01 and i get a update failed as soon as it restarts, any idea how to roll the bios back to f01?

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem. With F.05 the fan is noisy. If I disable “fan always on” in the Bios. The computer remains quiet until the fan starts to turn like crazy when temperature increases, but not very high. If I enable “fan alway on” the fan turns on, not very fast, but fast enough to generate some noise. The manual switch in Omen Command center doesn’t work! I tried to revert back to F.01... and thinks went better. But a couple of days before Windows forced a bios update through firmware update and now situation is getting worse. The fan behaves in a totally incomprehensible way! What ever Bios version I use! 

HP Recommended

I do not think the problem is the heat. Your temps are low, and mot sure lowering them would help. Hardware Unboxed said that the fans are going off at too low of a temperature and there is no way to control it. I hope that is not true, because i really want to buy this laptop but a noisy idle fan is a deal breaker for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.