Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop 15-ek0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have purchased new Omen 15 recently but I'm having too much problem with the controls. First of all Omen Control Center's fan control completely broken. Those options doing absolutely nothing for me. 

I have undervolted my computer and it is around 45-50 degree while surfing web but fan is too loud for this kind of heat. It's around 2600-2800 rpm, I have never seen 1800-2000 rpm. I tried to play League of Legends and this time fan didn't go beyond 3000 rpm for a while than it ramped up to 3500 and 4000 after like 15 minutes and the temperature was around 94 degree. Yeah, it's not a typo 94 degree in League of Legends. 

I don't know what's wrong with this computer but I have purchased it because of the reviews and they all were talking about good thermals. Is there something wrong with my pc?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@sevindi Click here for steps to resolve overheating issues (the same should help resolve the fan noise as well), you could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

I must let you know that its normal for a gaming PC to heat up, and with an Intel CPU such as the one you have, there's nothing to worry about, for details on why you don't need to worry: Click here to go through the CPU specifications, look under Tjunction of the CPU, it supports up to 100°C.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you happen to upgrade the BIOS to f.02?

if so I had same issue, performed bios recovery and fixed it

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with BIOS f.02. I downgraded to f.01 and can now use MAX and AUTO but not MANUAL fan control in Omen Command Center (v. 10.3.3.0).

The fans constantly run but at least they now ramp up during gaming but still the CPU thermal throttles. However, games are playable. If I need the fans to stay off during routine tasks, I disable "Fans Always On" in the BIOS after switching back to Hybrid Mode in Omen Command Center.

The fans stay completely off on this setting outside of gaming. However, the fans will not ramp up from a low level during gaming with this setting so the BIOS has to be changed every time I want to game!

I wish HP would sort this out!

HFG (i7-10750h RTX2060)

HP Recommended

I think I experienced same problem. I already sent my unit to the service but I'm really disappointed with HP's driver's support. I have experienced similar issues with my previous HP laptop too. They really need to sort out these issues.

Also, can you share your current temperatures and fan speed at idle? 

HP Recommended

It's annoying alright. I hope it's just a temporary BIOS / Omen Command Center problem because I like this laptop but who knows.

I get around 50°C with zero fans surfing the web with no video playing - totally silent ( "Fans Always On" disabled in BIOS)

I get around 35°C with a low but somewhat annoying fan noise with "Fans Always On"

However, when I was using BIOS f.02, the fans would ramp up to max no matter the settings.

Sorry, I can't find the fan RPM. I tried using Afterburner but to no avail.

HP Recommended

I'm having fan noise problems too. Bios f.05 (amd 4800h, gtx 1660ti). 

'Fan always on' option is off and despite disabling turbo boost ("processor performance boost mode" in power settings - accessible after a regedit) the fans are always on, even under no load (<1% CPU, no NVIDEO load, 3gb ram usage, 

Omen command center all three modes are the same (power saving / normal / performance). 

Version 10.3.4.0

Tried the command center again, says i need drivers, installs them then says I've already got them. And says I need drivers once again. Continuous loop.

The only problem with this laptop is the "HP" part of it. Processor, screen, SSD, ram speed, graphics all amazing. Just let down by the as reliably terrible as ever HP software/firmware.

I want to get to a level where fans are off whilst system is idle. Then fans automatically turn on when there's load (editing RAW files in photoshop lightroom).

Why is that so much to ask?

HP Recommended

@JoeBryanFFC, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue - Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly.

If the issue persists, let us run a test on the hardware components of the PC

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  3. Perform System Test > Extensive test. Share the result on your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Obviously none of this helped. Generic messages asking to carry out a million steps. A million diversions since none of them are meaningful.

<1% CPU load, 0% GPU, <2.5gb ram. almost every program uninstalled to a brand new out of the box omen 2020.

Have HP released any update over the past few weeks. I left this nonsense HP laptop in its box, revisiting today in the off chance something's been done.

HP Recommended

@JoeBryanFFC

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.