Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15t-dc100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to see my integrated intel display adapter in task manager and device manager but suddenly my integrated GPU is not showing anymore in display adapters at all, and I've tried every possible driver and nothing worked, I tried also to reinstall windows version , still missing, the issue is that my windows and everything now is running on Nvidia RTX 2070, and the laptop temperature is 100C, I can barely touch the keyboard, I'm sorry but I'm very much unhappy with this experience, it is a new laptop and this is what I get?, please if there is any solution i'm ready to try, thanks in advance 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Wafa_Mardiney wrote:

... my windows and everything now is running on Nvidia RTX 2070, and the laptop temperature is 100C, I can barely touch the keyboard, I'm sorry but I'm very much unhappy with this experience, it is a new laptop and this is what I get?,

@Wafa_Mardiney 

Did you upgrade your machine ? iGPU is disabled for machine with GTX 1070 and above.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help sir,
No i didn't upgrade it i only updated the windows and drivers,i used to see 2 display adapters (nvidia rtx 2070 & intel) ,do you mean with "IGPU is disabled for machine with GTX 1070 and above" that this is a new update for windows or bios ?

HP Recommended

and what about the temp it is going high for 100C without openning any app , just right after I login i see the temp in Omen Command center is saying cpu temp is 100C and i tracked task manager and i can't find any weird or resource consuming process running, the issue is when i first bought the laptop it didn't do all of that (high temp), i can't play the games i played when i first bought it, all the games now are running on a lower frame rate and hanging a lot, I'm 100% sure that i tried the same games with the same envrionment and the experience was way more smoother before and i was very pleased with it at first. 

HP Recommended

@Wafa_Mardiney 

No, not from Windows, this is from HP probably in BIOS. My 22 months machine which has GTX 1070 does not have iGPU, I don't know when because I only use machine around twice a month (Not for the last few months due to Covid-19, my grand kids can't come to see me).

no igpu.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is what i'm seeing now in device manager only (Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q) and I'm 100% sure that there was another intel display adapter, anyway if it is an upgrade for bios as you said, is it normal that my battery now won't last more than 2 hours while it was standing for 4 to 5 hours before this "upgrade" ?  

HP Recommended

Is there any link to find out where this new rule is written from hp?
the rule that says : 'hp has disabled the igpu for laptops that has GPU's more powerful than gtx 1070'
I'm sorry but this is a change in the specifications of the laptop after buying it, HP can't just simply make this change unrecoverable, cuz as I was looking for laptop that has battery that lasts for 4 or more hours and a gpu that runs high end games on ultra, now I can't play any game after 2015 my frames are 20 now thanks to this unrecoverable change, so if this is true then this is totally unacceptable and I'm loosing the trust with HP for this action.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.