Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

Like many, I have an omen 15 with a GTX 1060 that started running fine and now, after about 12 months purchase, can´t run any games, the FPS starts to drop, on and of. I run a game and after 5 minutes it starts to drop. I have done my research and tried all of this:

.Fully updating drivers (Nvidia and Windows)

.Updating my BIOS

.Reverting to drivers and updates from before 

.Cleaning my fans

.Changing my GPU thermal paste

Now, using benchmark software, I think I have been able to pinpoint the issue: After my GPU reaches 91 degrees celcius, something is telling it to "slow down" by reducing the voltage on it. And before anyone says this is a common security feature, laptop GPUs are supposed to run at up to 100C. Omen 15 itself ran at 99C since day 1 when playing heavy duty games.

So, my question is: why is my GPU slowing down at 91C? Can anyone help me on how to revert this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@PedroGuedes,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is overheating.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that 90C is normal on the gaming computer. I recommend you use the Omen command center to change the settings which suit your needs.

Please refer to the below article for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05387497

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.