1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Omen 15 NOT turning on, black screen, no fan spinning, no error code

HP Recommended
15-dc0010nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there,

I have an issue with a OMEN-15 here (model: 15-dc0010nr).

After I press the power button, the power light turns on for several seconds and switches off after that. Several seconds later, the same pattern repeats itself forever. I have tried all the possible solutions here for a dozen of times: power resetting, clearing CMOS, reseating memory modules, win+B resetting, win+V resetting, recovering BIOS image from USB drive. All of them fail and the issue continues on. 

The interesting thing is, even when I was doing the reset with either win+B or win+V before I pressed the power button for 2-3 seconds, the power button light still keeps the same pattern as I mentioned above: on for several seconds, off for several seconds and then repeats itself.

I've checked the motherboard a little as well. One of the BIOS chips, on the top right of CPU, seems to be powered all the time as long as the power cord or battery is present, which makes sense as the battery provides power for BIOS's RTC. The other BIOS chip located under the WiFi module is only powered up when the light on power button is on. I've checked other pins of both chips and they seem to be communicating (TRIGGER pin and other pins are transmitting certain signals). 

I'm now wondering if both BIOS chips have gone corrupted? However, since the USB recovery is not possible either, does that mean the EC chip is corrupted? Or if the CPU itself is already dead?

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,953 2,593
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kksuki

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows and there is no display.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation