Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 15-dc0003la
Microsoft Windows 11

Previous thread: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Omen-15-Wrong-Keyboard-Colors/m-p/8195254#M43426

Is there anyone here who actually cares?

Hi, hope all is well.

The colors of my keyboard are still off. The two zones on the left are ok, however,  on the two other zones the blue color has no bright at all, resulting in odd colors or pale and yellow tints.

So far I have:

1.- Factory reset
2.- Tried all different available driver versions, from Windows Update, HP Website and external websites.

3.- Tried different HP Omen Gaming Hub (Former Control Center I believe)
4.- Formatted the computer with different versions of Windows 10 x64 and now Windows 11.
5.- Restored from the cloud
6.- BIOS / Firmware updates
7.- Gone through all the threads regarding this situation
8.- Tried different combinations with fresh new Windows installations, drivers, and versions of related software.

9.- Updated Omen Gaming Hub  & Light Studio
I only enjoyed good colors for 2, maybe 3 months after buying this laptop and there's still no solution to this problem, is it?

Is this a Hardware issue where a resistor, a capacitor, or something just dies? This would mean faulty and cheap components are going inside of our laptops and we should get a free keyboard replacement from HP.

Is this a Software issue? This would mean that it went south with a particular software update. Highly unlikely, since both the factory reset and the cloud restore load the original software the computer came with.

HP, could you please take a closer look into this?

Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @DigitalMawy 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing battery-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

May I know from when are you facing this issue?

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

I have found a wonderful document that will help you find the answer - HP OMEN Command Center

In this support document, please click on OMEN software compatible models, Here you will find the list of PCs with the supported features.

You can also use OCC (Lighting feature) to change the color in EACH zone. For example

Before

OCC zone.png

After

OCC zone1.png

You simply click on that zone and OCC will display a list of colors for you to change.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Nirvana_95

Thank you for replying.

I think the suggested solutions are for a different problem than the one explained in this thread, and the previous one (https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Notebooks/Omen-15-Wrong-Keyboard-Colors/m-p/8198872#M43501)

HP Recommended

The steps shared are to change the light. You can try that and let me know how it goes. 

Once we have an output, we can proceed accordingly.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

So here are a few photos, starting with the default configuration, followed by Red,, Green, Blue and White.

As it can be seen, a solid blue color is only present in the "A, S, D & W" keys. The other three sections of the keyboard seem to lack the blue LEDs or lack of power. Any color formed with blue is awful, as the "Blue" & "White" pictures show... greenish, yellowish, washed out...

IMG_20220623_155549.jpgIMG_20220623_155626.jpgIMG_20220623_155645.jpgIMG_20220623_155705.jpgIMG_20220623_161211.jpg

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Pretty much the same here, as if blue shades stopped working on OMEN by HP 17-cb0005na
I think it's since this "Light studio" bloatware installation without my approval, yet uninstalling it doesn't fix it either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.