Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 15-dc0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, hope all is well.

The colors of my keyboard are still off. The two zones on the left are ok, however,  on the two other zones the blue color has no bright at all, resulting in odd colors or pale and yellow tints.

So far I have:

1.- Factory reset
2.- Tried all different available driver versions, from Windows Update, HP Website and external websites.

3.- Tried different HP Omen Gaming Hub (Former Control Center I believe)
4.- Formatted the computer with different versions of Windows 10 x64 and now Windows 11.
5.- Restored from the cloud
6.- BIOS / Firmware updates
7.- Gone through all the threads regarding this situation
8.- Tried different combinations with fresh new Windows installations, drivers and versions of related software.

I only enjoyed good colors for 2, maybe 3 months after buying this laptop and there's still no solution to this problem, is it?

Is this a Hardware issue where a resistor, a capacitor or something just dies? This would mean faulty and cheap components are going inside of our laptops and we should get a free keyboard replacement from HP.

Is this a Software issue? This would mean that it went south with certain software update. Highly unlikely, since both the factory reset and the cloud restore load the original software the computer came with.

HP, could you please take a closer look into this?

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@DigitalMawy 

Current Omen Gaming Hub with Lighting Studio (Beta)  still has few bugs. Please wait, the may fix next week

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thank you for replying so quickly. I'm looking forward to the updated version and I will post post the feedback here.

Have a nice one!

HP Recommended

@DigitalMawy

I've had this for the past year!
I've done all that you have but nothing has worked.  I feel it's the keyboard that has malfunctioned not the Hub software as I have also updated accordingly but nothing works.  I feel it is cheap materials.  Even LG TVs LEDs are burning out causing blueish hues across screens.

But i will try another update whenever it is available.  But not holding my breath!

HP Recommended

@DangerousDave1

Yeah, I agree. Not even the factory reset nor the cloud restore fixed the issue. If that was the case, a simple factory restore would have been enough.

HP Recommended

Hi @Banhien, hope all is well.

The issue is still there. Do you think that you could please help me escalate this? I'm under the impression that nobody is really looking at it.

Thank you in advance.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Hello, hope all is well.

This is still happening. What would be the next steps? Any chance we can get our keyboards replaced?

Thanks in advance!

HP Recommended

I've still got the issue too.
I feel it is definitely a cheap keyboard that some of the LEDs burn out after a while.

Shame really - HP make a great laptop but do not consider offering replacement parts that really ought not fail.

Is there any way possible that one of the senior people on here can read this so we can get some sort of recompense?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.