Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a HP Omen. The keyboard base is visibly raised / swollen; I believe the battery is swelling. It initially tested as "replace" but then after discharge and recharge it now says it's passed. However, it still has limited capacity and appears swollen. I can replace the battery myself. Is there any program with HP that would let me get a battery subsidized or free to me? The unit is only 3 years old. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @airos4 

Unless you purchased a 3 or 4 year extended warranty when it was new, Hp isn't going to give you a free battery with it that old now. You will have to see what you can find from a 3rd party seller. HP doesn't sell those batteries.

BTW it doesn't look like you have the right model number for a 15 inch.  Did you mean you have the 17 inch version?

You should take the battery out if its swelled, even though the bat test shows it passes. The battery is failing and you don't want to risk a leak forming. Its safe to run the laptop on power cord only.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.